Monday 25 March 2013

perplexing problems press


Jesus, Lord, I need Thy wisdom,
For perplexing problems press,
And without Thee I am foolish,
Nor can bear the strain and stress;
But if Thou wilt counsel me
I shall true and upright be.


I received an email on saturday. A good email. I think...

 we were praying for you as you prepare to come here and
your brother's graduation was mentioned.
felt that if you want to stay for that, then you should. 
It can be  difficult  in your first bit here and it would be even harder if you were wishing to be at home for an event.
sigh... and I am back to square one... And its not that its that HUGE of a deal right... its a date change of about 6weeks... But I already made the decision and I don't want to go back and have to revisit the issue (whine)...

But then I got thinking about it... maybe this is a gift from my Father... There is alot going on right now... I am still working full time and I have an exam to study for on April 20th and there are so many people to catch up with one last time and people keep reminding of meetings and so forth that I am supposed to be going to .. and.. and.. and.. I have 6 weeks left and I can't hardly find one moment of quiet. To have this extra 6 weeks... to be able to clear my schedule to study for my exam, to have 6 weeks afterward with nothing to do except help my mom settle into her new place, spend time wtih my family and visit with friends and spend time with God and study my Lunda and see my baby brother graduate from high school oh and another special event I wasn't gonna say anything right now, but to meet Jordan's new baby brother... maybe this is my Father looking out for me. I was reminded in a devotional this evening that sometimes when plans change its to remind us that we are not in control, God is. And He is not too busy or important or far away to be concerned with the minutest details of our lives. Maybe this is simply a gift...

But then the scripture verse come 'any man who puts his hand to the plow and turns back is not fit for the kingdom of God'. So is this a thought I should be listening to? I mean, it is from the Bible, it is God's word... but then i know that i am very good about coming up with every reason not to do something, especially if it is something different then what I had already planned... but... it is God's word. And there will always be some reason for me to want to be at home... Besides, I gave my word. I told them that I would be there in May... but if they don't mind, then maybe I shouldn't either... But to post pone an event that has been on the horizon for months, even if it is just for 6 weeks...

But it would be soo nice to have those extra 6 weeks...

Ever wished for a manual? I know, that's not walking by faith, but sometimes it would be nice... I guess I can't know in one night what decision to make. But I'll keep you posted! Just be prepared that if I decide to post pone the date anything planned before april 20th will need to be rebooked... I'll be buried alive under a mound of text books :D (and maybe a frappuccino)


Jesus, Lord, I need Thy guidance,
Fire by night, and cloud by day,
For without them I am sightless,
Groping for the proper way;
But if Thou dost lead me on
I will follow Thee alone.

2 comments:

  1. Aww I hope you chose to stay...But either way I know the choice is in the father's hand and he will help you to chose what is best.

    Praying for you,
    Rykauna

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6 weeks will go by very quickly. Lots of things will come and go in another 6 weeks. What will you do then if something comes up and you want to stay another 6 weeks.
    Jesus said to his disciple, come follow me and they drop everything and follow Him.
    This is what missionary work is all about. Can you give up everything and follow him?
    In Prayers
    Mary

    ReplyDelete