Friday 1 March 2013

28 shifts till I'm done work! And I am getting excited!

I can't believe its been just about a month since I last posted anything. But its been a full month! Besides working almost every other day (which maybe doesn't sound like a lot to those of you who work mon to fri...) I've spent nearly every spare minute off sorting through stuff and deciding what to keep and what to goodwill and what to pitch and some decisions have not been easy- I'm a bit of a pack rat! like when I went through my 'correspondance' folder in my filing cabinent I found cards from as far back as gr 8! Those were actually some of the hardest to decide to pitch! But there is an end in sight! And actually, its not just in sight... there are about 3 boxes of items that I wasn't sure what to do with and tossed them to the side, that's all that's left.

I guess if I wasn't such a procrastinator it may not have taken the whole month, but its so easy to start a movie and 'work' while watching the movie- which actually doubles the amount of time it takes to do something, did you know that???

But this month is to be mainly a month of rest. The way our schedule works I end up having about a week off at the beginning of the month and then about two weeks later having another week off. So I'm up and off to Midland to visit the family! My nephew's 3rd birthday is on the 15th and we go to see Veggie Tale's 20th birthday party on the 16th, the evening of my nephew's bday party. I can't wait to see how excited he is to meet LarryBoy (that's his favourite!) I also can't believe he is 3! But I'll spare you the gushing of a doting aunty! ;)


Seriously tho, I can't believe its just a little over 2 months before I go. I'm not sure I quite understand what it will mean to be away for a whole year (I'll miss my Favourite's 4th birthday, and my brother's high school grad and Christmas...). But then, a year is still only a short period of time really; my aunt n uncle were only able to get home avery 4 or 5 years and that's just from Ireland... I still wonder what it will be like to realize I am not coming home until may 2014... But y'know, I've been learning in these last few years that where ever God is I can be at home because I've been learning to make my home in Him... and besides, its not like it was before, now we have phone and email and text and skype!


The beloved of the Lord dwells in safety. The High God surrounds him all the day long and dwells between his shoulders. There is none like God who rides through the heavens to your help, through the skies in His majesty. The eternal God is your dwelling place and underneath are the everlasting arms. Who is like you! A people saved by the Lord, the shield of your help and the sword of your triumph!

God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved. Within her walls God has made Himself known as a fortress. You have kept count of my tossings, you have put my tears in your bottle. In the shadow of your wings I will take refuge, till the storms of destruction pass by. I cry out to God Most High, to God who fulfils His purpose for me. God will send out His steadfast love and His faithfulness.

My heart is steadfast O God, I will sing and make melody, I will give thanks to you. For your steadfast love is great to the heavens, your faithfulness to the clouds. Be exalted O God!


1 comment:

  1. When it comes to work, Movies make everything more fun! Hope your last 28 shifts are the best ones!

    ReplyDelete