Monday 4 February 2013

February's verses

The Lord is my strength and my shield; in Him my heart trusts and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to Him.                 Psalm 28:7


Chatutulililiyi wumi windi, diku kutunelukili kukena. Yumanu Wamuchimu 3:16




thanks Rykauna for the excellent verse selection!


This is how we are learning love because Jesus Christ laid down His life for us. The lesson has already been taught, the example has already been given. We can see what love is because Jesus Christ showed us. All that remains to be seen is how this will be worked out in our own lives. The remainder of the verse says 'and we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers'. So how am I laying down my life for the people around me? I ought to be showing the love that I have learned 'at the feet of Jesus'



so, I had planned to work out the translation for the lunda verses, more for myself I guess.... but this verse is insane! All of the prefixes and suffixes!... I think what the translation for this would be:

chatutulililiyi ... the root of this word is possibly the verb tula which can mean 'to put down, as a load'

the 'liliyi' at the end makes the verb past tense... but its one of those fancy tenses that I haven't figured out in english yet ;) ... like the far past or... is there a continuous past? ... I don't know...

wumi is life, windi is his

diku ... I have no idea...

Kutunelukili ... I think the root of this word is 'iluka' which is the verb 'to know' ... but I'm not sure why there is an 'e' instead of an 'i'

kukena means 'to love'

so basically... 'laid down life his, we know love' ....

hmmm... well, at least of one the verses is easy enough to memorise.. that one is gonna need some serious remedial work in Zambia to figure out the correct pronounciation for those two big words

1 comment:

  1. Glad you like the verse! Too bad it's so difficult to learn.

    ReplyDelete