Sunday 22 September 2013

Exciting News!

I am so super excited to be able to tell you this!

Emma and I were told when we first arrived that one of the missionaries who lives out in the village was open to us coming and spending alternating months with her for three months - so one month I go, one month Emma goes. A HUGE decision on her part, but an AMAZING experience for Emma and I!

I met Margie Gould the first time I came to visit in Zambia and totally appreciated and respected her work and her decision to live in the village and not on a mission station. So, for many reasons this visit has been tremendously anticipated on my part- not just for the cultural and language immersion but also for the opportunity to get to know Margie and hear her stories and how she ended up where she did.

Last week we heard that Margie was ready to start taking us, and there was a vehicle coming from Loloma to Chit with Orthopaedic patients that one of us could return with. So after a flurry of discussions and decisions, it was decided that I would be the first to go while Emma focuses on hospital and her independent Lunda studies here.

So, this Thursday I will be leaving Chitokoloki to travel over to Loloma for a few days (which I am also looking forward to visiting with a nurse there from NFL, Rebekah Flynn as we have been in contact with each other for more than a year) and then either Saturday night or Sunday morning driving out to Katombi with Margie. And for more adventures!

Will try to keep you all updated on here! Apparently there is good wifi there, but really want to focus on learning as much as I can, so if you don't hear from me personally until November... that's why.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Christina,
    I will reiterate my excitement as well at seeing you taking advantage of Maggie's big heart. I know all will work out well for you. Enjoy your month away from Chit and chalk it down to more adventure and further learning. You should do well with the outpatients as well as improving your Lunda. Go for it girl.
    Doris xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina,

    We will be praying that your time in Loloma will be a time of learning and blessing. Did you know that Joan used to serve God here? She will be pleased to hear how things went during this period, and so will we. Spoke to your mum a few days ago on skype, and Ryan waved from the other side of the room. Love & prayers, Uncle Colin & Aunt Rose xxx

    ReplyDelete