Thursday 23 July 2015

Me- I am blessed.


It's not every day you meet someone at your doorstep and physically, literally get to carry out words of our Lord Himself:

"Give to everyone that asks of you"


It was a surprise the little lady sitting on my chair outside my door. After we greeted each other, and after I had squashed that niggling annoyance 'who was this lady and what did she want from me!' And after she stream of Luvale words. I discovered she was one of my patients from colony, and she had no money to buy food with and she was asking if I could share some with her.

I have moved the bulk of that operation up to hospital kitchen to avoid ppl at my doorstep. Somedays- long, exhausting days- meeting someone at your doorstep can often be the straw that breaks the camel's back. But today those words played thru my mind and I made it my joy to bring her what I had- a bit of sugar, some salt, some cooking oil, a bag of rice, beans, soups, bit of meat. Oh and some biscuits- just cuz who doesn't like a sweet treat :)

Then she asked me something else... I caught the occasional word...


Mwan'ami... Fwika... Chishika...

Hmm.... My child.... Something... Cold...

Ah! A blanket! Gotcha! Another easy problem to solve



It's only a small thing. And since we're keeping them here at least two months it's the least I can do to help with food. Maybe some would argue it's not wise giving. But most of the time, by the time they come to ask me, they're pretty desperate for something....  Besides, wasn't it our Lord Himself who said- give to everyone who asks of you...




So, I am going about my evening tasks with a smile, thankful that God has used me to meet one person's small need.




It's been a long while folks... Sorry... Blogging has been relegated to the bottom of the list but will try to do better in the coming weeks and months.

Thanks for all the support and love that has been shown to my family n I over the events of the last little while

Enjoy the Lord today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment