Wednesday 4 February 2015

Lord over many waters

That last post is one that I had been working on for a few weeks and wanted to get it out before I came to this most important post.

Last Thursday, I received a call from my mom that my little brother, 22 yrs, was taken quite ill. Had been sedated and intubated the Tuesday before and now was being transferred from our community hospital down to Toronto to mount Sinai for treatment.

So many of you joined in prayers and support and I am thankful for that! So thankful!

They are slowly waking my brother up, but he is not without damage to other body systems. His kidneys being one of them. He was started on dialysis Monday night.

His illness started with pneumonia with developed into acute respiratory distress syndrome. ARDS has a mortality rate of fifty percent so the doctors tell us.

As I mentioned, they are slowly waking my brother Ryan up and it is encouraging to see him respond to us again, and especially to my mom who is his primary caregiver. Hopefully over the next few days he will become conscious again. And hopefully his lungs will be able to function properly when the team extubates him.

 My aunt, rosemary sheldon, and her son are also flying In from Dublin to be with us at is time.



Currently, I am at home with my family in Toronto waiting to see how things progress here.

Your continued prayers are of such value.


The lines:

Tho sundered far, by faith we meet,
Around one common mercy seat

Have never meant more to me than at this time. And I am amazed yet again, at how amazing our God is. And how amazing His family is.



He is Lord over many waters. He sits enthroned above the floods
Underneath are his everlasting arms
He has hedged us in behind and before and laid His hand upon our head
When we walk thru the waters He is with us
Oh! How abundant is Your goodness which you have stored up for those who fear you 

1 comment:

  1. Oh Christina, praying for you all just now - and for your Zambian home too. Xo.

    ReplyDelete