Wednesday 26 June 2013

Precious Memories

Well... my bags are packed and I'm ready to go ... I've been waiting to say that for a long time ;) Can't believe its finally here! All these final preparations to go have made me rather sentimental... so I took some time out to compile a collection of photos remembering some of the good times and the dear friends that have made my life sparkle these past few years. You are all awesome in your own ways and I am privileged to have known each one of you. Thanks for all the wonderful things you taught me and for the fabulous fun memories that we share! I will cherish these things forever...
 
Precious memories how they linger
How they ever flood my soul
In the stillness of the midnight
Precious sacred scenes unfold
 
 
I wanted to share this with you. When I came home from Zambia 3 years ago with the desire to return to stay for an extended period, there were two verses that really clinched the decision in my mind. Joshua 1:9 The Lord your God is with you wherever you go and Psalm 138:8 The Lord will fulfil His purpose for me. About 3 weeks back, I received a letter from my Aunt who has served in Ireland for the last few decades reminding me specifically about this promise from God- that the Lord my God is with me wherever I go. (Thanks Aunt Rose). Then, this past Sunday, one of the brothers shared some thoughts at the end of our first meeting reminding us that the Lord will perfect that which concerns us (KJV) or that He will fulfil His purpose for us (ESV)... It was one of those goose bump- God's trying to get my attention moments. He was with me three years ago when I made the decision to start down this path, and He is with me today as I walk away from all that I count dear and into the unknowns of this new place. But the important thing is that He is with me and He will fulfil His purpose for me. And He will for you too. That is His promise and my peace!
 
 
The Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9
The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me Psalm 138:8
 
 
The Beloved of the Lord dwells in safety. The High God surrounds him all day long, and dwells between his shoulders Deuteronomy 33:12
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, HIs mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.
The Lord is my inheritance, therefore I will hope in Him. Lamentations 3:22-24
There is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24
If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea even there Your hand shall lead me and Your right hand shall hold me. Psalm 139:9,10
 




1 comment:

  1. Farewell my little sister. May God be with you. "Being confident of this very thing that He who had begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ." Philippians 1:6

    ReplyDelete