Sunday 10 June 2012

An Interesting Conversation

Well its been an interesting two days so far and today isn't over yet! The theme so far has been about the biblical reason for missions and about presenting a clear gospel. The irreducible minimums of the Gospel, the very basic points that people have to understand, are about who God is, who man is, what sin is, and how salvation from sin occurs. Today we had the opportunity to hear about how God has been leading each of us into missions; and three themes have emerged from that and its cool because these are three themes that have emerged in my life. The first is God taking on done a path one never thought to go down. Lots of ppl said they never intended to teach and yet here they are teaching. For me, I never thought I'd go to Zambia. In fact I never wanted to go to Africa in the first place. But God... The second was just stepping back and letting God lead. Which is also something that particularly in the last few months has been impressed upon me. Just stepping  back and following whereever God leads. The third was about serving wherever God calls one to go, including at home. And this is something that I have prayed about so much. There is so much work to be done here and so much opportunity. I just want to make sure that I am open to wherever the Lord leads into whatever country He leads me to, even if it is to stay here and working here for Him. Last night I had an interesting conversation that has sort of solidifies things for me. but I've run out of time so there will be a part two to this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment