Friday 1 January 2016

And of His fullness we have all received, grace upon grace


Grace upon grace

abounding, overflowing, running over

So much that we come away from the fountain dripping with grace, 

perfumed with grace

the empty cisterns of our heart filled and running over

the dry and barren land soaked in a deluge of grace

More than enough






I know the dryness, the barrenness, the emptiness. I know it too well.

Too often I exchange the fullness of God and His grace for the emptiness of my self.
Too often I seek first the things of self instead of the things of God and His righteousness.

But this verse reminds us that God is full. Of His fullness: out of His fullness, out of His sufficiency, out of His 'enough' He pours out on us grace.

Grace enough

My grace is enough for you.



it reminds me of one of my favourite verses in Psalms

"Oh, how abundant is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you!"

Its like the writer couldn't contain himself as he began to express all the marvellous things his God had poured out on him.


How abundant. How full.

of His fullness we have all received grace upon grace
blessing upon blessing
we have times of barrenness
He does not
But even in our barrenness
His blessing abounds
more and more



will we come away from His fountain then dripping with grace? We need it this year. I need it this year. That constant reminder that His 'enough' is enough for me. His strength, not mine. His interests first, not mine. Him first, not me.


and even over the times of barrenness and drought I can still look back and say Christ is here. I saw His grace here. Not because of me, because of Him.




Happy New Year
and God's richest blessings to each of you

1 comment: