Friday 18 January 2013

A Fun Challenge

so I read about this on someone else's blog and kinda thought it would be fun to do... well... fun is all in the way you look at it I suppose, ;)

basically its committing to memorizing 2 Bible verses per month for the year so that at the end of the year you've learned 24 new verses. There are so many reasons why to memorize scripture but I thought it might be fun and challenging to give it a little twist of my own... I plan to memorise 2 verses a month for the year, but one of the verses each month is gonna be in Lunda ;)

Once upon a time it used to be no problem at all for me to sit down and memorize a chapter in a week... those days are LONG! gone and with it most of the desire to memorise, but this seems a relatively simple and rather practical way to go about this discipline of memorizing which seems to elude me. I'm also working on trying to convince one of my roomies to join me in this challenge except she'd skip the Lunda and try for mandarin since that's the language she's working on learning ;)

so folks, feel free to challenge me on my verses... I love to share ;) And I presume, when I finally get to Zambia, there will be many people there to correct my terrible massacre of the language

January's Verses

Chaswejeliyi Nzami kukena mpata yamunu mwishina, wayinkeli Mwanindi wumu hohu, kulonda muntu wukumukuhwelela aheti wumi wahayanyaka, akabuli kunona.          Yowanu 3:16 (John 3:16)

Only fear the Lord and serve Him faithfully with all your heart. For consider what great things He has done for you.                                                                                                   1 Samuel 12: 24


http://scripturememorychallenge.blogspot.ca/


No comments:

Post a Comment